- The only difference between an "acceptable" abortion and what Gosnell did is geography.
- People who do not want to get too close to knowing how abortions are performed think the occurrence of babies intended for abortion but then born alive is miniscule. "This Doctor is an unusual case" they may think. Others know better though. Because of the shameful nature of it we cannot get an accurate number but in 2010 a report of 1,270 babies born as a result of an abortion attempt then died is recorded. I wish everyone was aware of these testimonies from actual survivors (click) or would watch the movie October Baby, now streaming on Netflix, so they can identify these babies born alive as viable persons.
- Who do they think they're fooling trying to distance themselves
#Gosnell case is appalling. He ran a criminal enterprise, not a health facility, & should be punished to full extent bit.ly/ZRyssI
— Planned Parenthood (@PPact) April 12, 2013
- When just two weeks earlier, March 28th, they were fighting "Born Alive" Act in Florida. Humor me and watch just the first two minutes
- This shouldn't be news to you, but if Obama had his way Gosnell's actions against these babies would be perfectly legal in Illinois.
- Throughout all of this I keep recalling from the book, Heaven is Real, how little Colton who survived a near death experience kept pestering his father who is a pastor and interrupting his Sunday school lessons that "Jesus really really REALLY loves the little children." As the author the father didn't expand on this point but I immediately drew the conclusion and just keep reminding myself, Jesus really loves these little children.
- The saddest defense of abortion is when I hear people say, "I personally cannot imagine abortion as an option but I don't think we should tell women what to do." I personally cannot imagine taking a razor to my forearm but I don't think we should help those that do. Women who consider abortion are hurting. These women who came to Gosnell were desperate. We would intervene for someone who is suicidal because death is permanent but the hurt, no matter how deep, can be addressed. Desperate women deserve better than abortion.